Re: [opensuse-gnome] QGtkStyle: Qt widgets rendered through the Gtk theme engine
  • From: Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek <jakub.rusinek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 06:51:30 +0200
Dnia 16-05-2008, Pt o godzinie 00:40 +0100, Ivan N. Zlatev pisze:
Yes, kids, it is true!

I dreamed about it!

GtkStyle[1] is a Qt4 Style (Theme Engine) that uses the GTK+ theme
engine to draw the Qt widgets (the opposite of gtk-qt). This means
that all of the Qt widgets are going to look like a 100% copy of your
current GTK+ theme ones, unlike if you are using Qt3's Cleanlooks,
which is just a clearlooks like theme or QTCurve.

Qt3 had no Cleanlooks. That's Qt4 theme engine.

Unfortunately it's Qt4-only, but I guess that won't matter once
openSUSE 11 comes out.

Of course, KDE4 is using Qt4, PSI 0.1x is using Qt4 and more, more more.

I have packaged the GtkStyle (libqt4-gtkstyle) in my home repository
if someone wants to play:

I will try it :) !

*
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/i-nZ/openSUSE_10.3+KDE4_STABLE/
* http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/i-nZ/openSUSE_Factory/

For openSUSE 10.3 you will need to add also the KDE4:STABLE repository
to get Qt version 4.4:

*
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_10.3/

I am wondering if this is something worth adding to openSUSE 11?

[1] http://labs.trolltech.com/page/Projects/Styles/GtkStyle
http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/05/13/introducing-qgtkstyle/

Maybe to GNOME CD, where SaX2 using Qt4 exists?

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/