Re: [opensuse-gnome] Include cheese?
  • From: Bryen <suseROCKS@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 20:45:54 -0500
On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 16:56 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 12:21 -0500, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:
But it is slow and unusable for most people... Better find place for
translations, irrationally removed from CDs...

I agree, and it's also a non-essential application.

Too late, Coolo already added :-).

-JP

Come to think of it, Andy and I had a devil of a time getting Cheese to
work with UVCVideo drivers on 10.3. I should verify that the problem no
longer exist on the beta this week. If it doesn't work, that could be
cause for concern as UVCvideo seems to be a fairly common need for
modern webcams.

And I disagree that Cheese is "non-essential." True, it's not a life or
death thing, but in today's world, video has truly taken over and
everyone wants to be able to upload videos to the glory for their
youtube and vlogs. In my Deaf community for example, it is an absolute
necessity and thus Cheese would be a major factor in convincing Deaf
users to consider adopting openSUSE instead of some other (ptooey)
operating system.

Bryen