Re: [opensuse-gnome] GHashTable speedup patch
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 14:19:32 +0200
Le mardi 06 mai 2008, à 22:38 -0500, Hans Petter Jansson a écrit :
I'm proposing that we ship openSUSE 11.0 with the GHashTable
optimization patch [1] applied to our GLib. I've been running it for a
while, and various people have tested it, with no problem so far. The
main benefits are reduced memory fragmentation, some memory savings,
better locality and a slight speedup in some apps. This is particularly
noticeable in Evolution.

What do you guys think? I can submit it to factory if you agree.

Looks cool. If it's well-tested (and it seems to be), I'm +1 for this.