Fwd: [opensuse-gnome] Volunteer Needed - Torrent Apps for 11.0
  • From: "Alan McGovern" <alan.mcgovern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:56:38 +0000
(forgot to hit reply to all)

Hi,

transmission and bittorrent-gtk look the best options to me, they seem
to follow better the GNOME conventions (just works by default, with the
ability to change settings if the user wants to).

I finished the refactoring in Monsoon which had been on the books for
the last 2 weeks which removed the Druid which appears on first-run.

I am not a prolific torrent user,
but I have never had to worry about port numbers, I just had a .torrent
file and dropped that to the torrent app and it just worked.

As long as your client supports upnp/nat-pmp and so does your router,
you don't need to worry about ports. Otherwise you will need to
manually forward the port through your routers config pages. If you
don't, you won't be connectable and so will suffer reduced
performance.

Alan.