Re: [opensuse-foundation] membership, subscribtion fee and elections
Le 06/02/2011 19:08, Alan Clark a écrit :

We already have elections, an election process, members and a
membership process. We fine tune not throw away and start over.

it's simply unpractical to make unknown people manage a cash register.

the present membership registration process is completely buggy (I
know, I'm a member of the registration team).

we have nearly no idea of who is who, how big is his commitment to
openSUSE and where. We have to rely on google... that's not a problem
right now (ahem, it is sometime, when people have to be rejected),
with some people like Novell holding the money.

imagine that right now my small linux group could take a large part in
the openSUSE project and take it completley in less than two years.
Suffice it to be 30 active... and I know of much bigger groups that
could be interested.

One solution could be to ask candidates members they physical
coordinates (verified by some way: postal mail, identity card copy...)
and create a two years probation period before access to the vote.
Just an idea

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net