[openFATE 309311] GUI for PAM
Feature changed by: Sławomir Lach (Lachu)
Feature #309311, revision 5
Title: GUI for PAM

Package Wishlist: Evaluation by engineering manager

Requested by: The Liberator (l1b3rat0r)

I would like to see some kind of YAST-like tool for implementing PAM
features for all types of logins.
As it is now you can attempt unlimited logins via the terminal or a
locked KDE screen.
If there was a GUI for PAM that allowed the user to set maximum
password tries, time-frames that login is allowed, and how long a
session can last, then our computers would be much more secure.
I have an encrypted hard drive, but once the computer is booted up and
the hard drive is decrypted, I have no way of stopping a brute force
attack.
For the average user, PAM is too complicated to use all its features
without reading for hours.
This seems like the perfect feature to add to YAST.

+ #1: Sławomir Lach (lachu) (2012-05-04 21:35:33)
+ Mandriva have control center module to configure time-frames ( time of
+ computer usage ) for each user.