[openFATE 309358] Less confusing installer idea
Feature changed by: Andreas Jaeger (a_jaeger)
Feature #309358, revision 4
Title: Less confusing installer idea

- openSUSE-11.3: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE-11.3: Rejected by Andreas Jaeger (a_jaeger)
+ reject reason: Not done.
Requester: Mandatory

Requested by: ryan smith (ryan1414)
Partner organization:

I have a feature request for the OpenSuse 11.3 installer. I found 11.2
installer to be very confusing. What I found confusing was the
partition part
and where it talks about sda1, sda2, etc. Most beginners won't even
know what
these mean.
My feature request is to make the installer less confusing by first
all the partitions and hard drives on a user's computer and users can
select 1
or more partitions to install OpenSuse too like this:
Tick the drive/s | partitions you want to install OpenSuse on:
C: Label 20GB
D: Label 50GB
E: Label 1TB
After users have chosen the drives/partitions only then will the
edit/creation options be shown, and they'll only apply to the
a user chose before.

#1: Jan Engelhardt (jengelh) (2010-05-06 23:11:32)
Windows may not give letters to partition types it does not [want to]
recognize, so it does not make sense to print Windows drive letters in
the partitioner.