[openFATE 307873] Add the uuid-ossp module to postgresql-contrib
Feature changed by: Reinhard Max (rmax)
Feature #307873, revision 8
Title: Add the uuid-ossp module to postgresql-contrib

- openSUSE-11.3: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE-11.3: Rejected by Reinhard Max (rmax)
+ reject reason: Missed the deadline

Requested by: Reinhard Max (rmax)
Developer: (Novell)
+ Developer: (Novell)

As it has been pointed out in bnc#534050 and in private mail, we are
missing the uuid-ossp module from our postgresql-contrib package.
The reason for this is, that it depends on the ossp-uuid library, for
which we do not yet have an official package in Factory.

For 11.3 both, the library package and the contrib modules should be
added.

Use Case:
this is required to run Openbravo ERP, a professional ERP solution, see
http://openbravo.com
at this moment I have to run postgres on a slow machine with ubuntu,
because of this missing feature. Shal my help be needed, I will gladly
be part of the effort

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: This module is needed to stay compatible with the
PostgreSQL packages of other distributions and with applications that
need it.

#1: David Schmitt (davidschmitt42) (2011-03-07 17:48:14)
It's sad that this little but important feature has missed the 11.3
timeline.

+ #2: Reinhard Max (rmax) (2011-05-04 17:51:43)
+ It didn't make it into 11.4 either, but it is now in the devel project
+ (server:database:postgresql), which also builds RPMs for 11.2, 11.3 and
+ 11.4.