[openFATE 311322] Add color depth button to Display and Monitor
Feature changed by: Roman Bysh (Romanator)
Feature #311322, revision 28
Title: Add color depth button to Display and Monitor

- openSUSE Distribution: Unconfirmed
+ openSUSE Distribution: New

Requested by: Roman Bysh (romanator)

I'm proposing that we add an extra button to the Display and Monitor
settings to change the color depth.
Since sax2 was deprecated and "xorg.conf" is being phased out. We have
been missing a way to dynamically change the color depth. This could be
integrated into KDE 4.6x - 4.7x.
Sax2 used to have a button to allow users to change the color depth.
For example:
* 8-bit
* 15-bit
* 16-bit
* 24-bit
* 32-bit
This could be an interesting project for the Summer of Code 2011.
Let's vote to add this feature to the Display and Monitor in KDE.

List Navigation