[openFATE 310773] differentiated cores performing optimal
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 18:57:20 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Scott Couston (zczc2311)
Feature #310773, revision 4
Title: differentiated cores performing optimal

Requested by: Ralph Ulrich (ulenrich)

A goal to boost openSUSE as a service to the world:

Deliver many optimal compiled openSUSE cores aiming to outperform any
individualy (gentoo) compiled system!

#1: Ralph Ulrich (ulenrich) (2010-11-02 14:43:50)
This should add a real vision in strategy discussions. We, as openSUSE,
should aim a real ambitioned target:
Making a standardized openSUSE general core, ready to serve for many
derivate distributions and for users heading for optimum.

#2: Christoph Obexer (cobexer) (2010-11-06 20:47:01)
A program to set up a local osc instance and recompile any installed
package + publish it to some local repository(also setup & configured
for use)additionally handling updated packages would also solve this
problem.

This would be a argument to get me using the stable openSuSE Version
instead of Factory^^

+ #3: Scott Couston (zczc2311) (2010-11-07 18:56:23)
+ This is a motherhood statement if I ever I have heard one!
+ Christopher is correct in respect to a stable version!
+ The methodology of a new release being able to correct the
+ current  versions bugs is not valid as the bug numbers of the current
+ version are not fixed or closed.
+
+ I would go bak to testing if for one moment I believed some action was
+ taken on bug reports  - Testers, by and large offer their time freely
+ and quietly know any bug report in YAST is a closed shop and it will
+ never be fixed by a bug report.
+
+ In testing - If I believed that my accurate bugs were going to be
+ actioned; I would start  testing again but the reality of this is Zero
+
+ Any others????
+
+