[openFATE 310773] differentiated cores performing optimal
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 20:47:08 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Christoph Obexer (cobexer)
Feature #310773, revision 3
Title: differentiated cores performing optimal

Requested by: Ralph Ulrich (ulenrich)

A goal to boost openSUSE as a service to the world:

Deliver many optimal compiled openSUSE cores aiming to outperform any
individualy (gentoo) compiled system!

#1: Ralph Ulrich (ulenrich) (2010-11-02 14:43:50)
This should add a real vision in strategy discussions. We, as openSUSE,
should aim a real ambitioned target:
Making a standardized openSUSE general core, ready to serve for many
derivate distributions and for users heading for optimum.

+ #2: Christoph Obexer (cobexer) (2010-11-06 20:47:01)
+ A program to set up a local osc instance and recompile any installed
+ package + publish it to some local repository(also setup & configured
+ for use)additionally handling updated packages would also solve this
+ problem.
+
+ This would be a argument to get me using the stable openSuSE Version
+ instead of Factory^^

List Navigation
This Thread