[openFATE 309621] openSUSE Appliances Basket
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:36:40 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm)
Feature #309621, revision 4
Title: openSUSE Appliances Basket

Hackweek V: Unconfirmed

+ SUSE Gallery: Unconfirmed
+ Priority
+ Requester: Desirable

Requested by: Klaas Freitag (kfreitag)

openSUSE Studio is a great tool to build appliances based on openSUSE
which serve a special purpose. Every appliance can be a great
multiplier for openSUSE and thus it makes sense to promote them under
the openSUSE Domain.
It would be awesome to have a tool under the openSUSE domain that lines
up all the appliances which are available, together with a description,
an image and other useful information such as age and such. A download
link with counter, maybe a discussion area are more exclusive features.
I haven't checked, but I hope the studio API provides enough
functionality to set that up.
This is just an idea, it needs some creativity and ideas to make it
happen. It is looking for a team to do it. Please let me know if you're
interested.

#1: James Tan (jatan11) (2010-06-07 12:03:54)
This sounds like it overlaps with the SUSE Gallery (previously code
named "marketplace") which is part of SUSE Studio. It is available
internally for beta usage, and we plan on releasing it publicly in the
next couple of weeks/months. Do take a look at that if you haven't
already and see if we can somehow reuse/leverage on that?