[openFATE 310161] Make Bento and www.opensuse.org translatable via PO files
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:35:16 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm)
Feature #310161, revision 3
Title: Make Bento and www.opensuse.org translatable via PO files

openFATE: Unconfirmed

Requested by: Vojtech Zeisek (vojtaeus)

It is possible to translate software.opensuse.org via PO file software-
opensuse-org.XX.po i LCN i SVN. But more sites are using Bento theme. I
did not find any way how to translate navigation bar, content of boxes
in panels and so on of Bento theme. I'm not sure if content of the
navigation line is same on all webs, but it is important to have
translated ALL occurrences of Bento theme and translation has to be
consistent - same for every site.
Second similar problem is translation of content of www.opensuse.
org/XX/ For example for Czech version I see mix of Czech and English
version. Sometimes someone send HTML file and say "Please, translate it
and we will include it to www.o.o", but it is not good way how to
manage it. There is, for example, no way how to translate news or add
language specific news.
I'm not sure if PO files are best for translations of the web and
Bento, but it is common and IMHO good way how to manage it. So, please,
make ASAP Bento and content of www.o.o translatable and accessible for
language specific edits. And keep translations of Bento easily
consistent on all sites.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: For localized, consistent and easily translatable
openSUSE sites.

+ #1: Thomas Schmidt (digitaltomm) (2010-10-27 12:35:08)
+ Good idea, we should definitely do that. Current state of translations
+ on www.o.o is a mess, and we need to port it to bento anyway.