[openFATE 310299] Pattern Generator
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 21:45:04 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Jos Poortvliet (jospoortvliet)
Feature #310299, revision 4
Title: Pattern Generator

Buildservice: Unconfirmed
Priority
Requester: Neutral

Requested by: Sascha Manns (saigkill)

Feature Request for Pattern Generator

Idea:
I would like to have a program (Console), that reads in a plain/text
File with the needed Packages and creates as output a Pattern File,
that can be used in the Buildservice or Susestudio.

Business case (Partner benefit):
openSUSE.org: Through the plain/text file it is easy to manage new and
present Packages. And an easy to use pattern creating process.

#1: Jos Poortvliet (jospoortvliet) (2010-08-08 13:17:16)
I don't get it, what exactly do you want? a Console program that reads
in a text file with what, a list of packages, as in RPM packages? Isn't
that what a Pattern file is?

#2: Sascha Manns (saigkill) (2010-08-08 15:23:50)
Hello Jos,
My idea is the following. I've created a Appliance for openSUSE
medical. My wish is that i can create a textfile with all my needed
Packages for that Appliance. Then i wish to read in that Packages and
make a pattern file with a cli. The output should be a pattern file. So
i can use that file in upcoming versions of openSUSE medical. Because i
have a handselected blend, and i don't wish to make that every time
new.
I can imagine that we can can split the textfile into a normal choose
section and a suggested section. So i can split my packages into that 2
sections.

+ #3: Jos Poortvliet (jospoortvliet) (2010-08-08 21:45:03)
+ Hmmm. Now I'm not incredibly at home in SUSE studio but can't you just
+ clone your appliance if you want to make a new version and then upgrade
+ and change whatever you want?

List Navigation
This Thread