[New: openFATE 310199] Repository Announcements
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 22:11:42 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: Robin Knapp (rknapp)

Feature #310199, revision 1
Title: Repository Announcements

Requested by: Robin Knapp (rknapp)

I often read announcements in Mailing Lists that repositories are renamed,
deleted or whatever.

Especially in the KDE repos there is currently much restructuration ongoing.

I propose to implement a feature in libzypp and its GUIs to be able to show
important announcements for each repository.

Ideally, multiple repositories can issue one common announcement which will be
displayed only once.

Examples:

- This repository will swich from KDE 4.5 to KDE4.6. To keep KDE 4.5,
_switch_to_repository_xyz_.

- The repositories x, y and z will be moved on $date. Click _here_ to change it
now

- This repository is obsolete. _remove_.

(Maybe repository switching, removing, adding etc. can be done by clicking on a
link in that text)

List Navigation