[openFATE 309566] OCR with Cuneiform
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 19:06:32 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Juergen Weigert (jnweiger)
Feature #309566, revision 5
Title: OCR with Cuneiform

Requested by: Juergen Weigert (jnweiger)

Have you ever tried to do some Optical Character Recognition under
Linux? The best bet used to be Tesseract+Ocropus -- no more: Try
cuneiform and you will be surprised how fast/good/easy to use it is.
Together with hocr2pdf from exactimage it can create sandwich PDFs.
When scanning a document with one of our office scanners, we could use
a special email-domain so that the scan first goes to an OCR server,
then comes to the user's mailbox.
I have played around a bit with the tools, and would like to share my
experiences.

Slides: http://en.opensuse.org/User:JuergenWeigert

+ #1: Juergen Weigert (jnweiger) (2010-06-01 19:06:30)
+ A GUI for cuneiform existst:
+ http://symmetrica.net/cuneiform-linux/yagf-en.html