[New: openFATE 309468] improve system administration from commandline
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 09:37:26 +0200 (CEST)
Feature added by: Kenny Verstraete (verstraete_kenny)

Feature #309468, revision 1
Title: improve system administration from commandline

Requested by: Kenny Verstraete (verstraete_kenny)

I've installed PClinuxOS out of curiousity previous week and was impressed with
the strong administration tools it came with.

I've always been a fan of YaST, but now that saX is deprecated, there is no
(newbie)option anymore to configure graphics card from within console. Let's
say x won't start after some update, or misconfiguration... We used to do some
sax2- r -m 0=vesa, fix the issue and return back to what is was.

Drakconf lets you configure al your hardware from within console and is
linux-newbie proof.

openSUSE needs something like that too!

List Navigation