[openFATE 309179] Completely R emove the in WindowsⓇ Installer
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:18:14 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: david henry (dvhenry)
Feature #309179, revision 2
Title: Completely Remove the in WindowsⓇ Installer

Requested by: Carl Fletcher (caf4926)

Please for heavens sake remove the installer that can be run from
inside the WindowsⓇ OS.

That, or make it idiot proof and 100% dork proof.

I lost count way back in 11.0 of folk who have hosed their sysytem with
this installer! It needs to work, without fail or you are just giving a
really bad image to openSUSE.

+ #1: david henry (dvhenry) (2010-03-12 16:29:25)
+ I fully agree ,The new users (who are not aware, and do not understand
+ Linux) can be discouraged by the reception they get when some of the
+ problems occur,
+ Actually I will cut this short ,if it needs to be there, please hide
+ the option well from new users.
+

List Navigation