[openFATE 305859] Make installation history accessible from Yast GUI
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:00:24 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: Stanislav Visnovsky (visnov)
Feature #305859, revision 14
Title: Make installation history accessible from Yast GUI

openSUSE-11.2: Rejected by Stephan Kulow (coolo)
reject date: 2009-03-30 20:17:10
reject reason: out of focus

openSUSE-11.3: Evaluation
+ Projectmanager: Important

Requested by: Atri Bhattacharya (badshah400)

As there is now (since openSUSE 11.1) a way to access the history of
installed packages and their dependencies, it would be very useful if
this history could be accessed from the Yast GUI. In the present
implementation, zypper saves the history in a file
(/var/log/zypp/history) which is very obscure. The history thus shown
from yast should be able to show official-updates and non-official
upgrades in different categories.

Use Case:
1. Install new software, software not working (or not liked), look-up
history start yast, look-up history, uninstall software and installed
dependencies. 2. Online update, something goes wrong (upgraded software
not working or something), look-up history to see recent updates and
revert (all from yast).

#1: Stephan Kulow (coolo) (2009-03-30 20:17:59)
this is a nice feature and it's on some TODO list already, but for 11.2
we like to do only the top 5 features on software management, so I
reject it for 11.2

#2: Andreas Lorenz (fluidspace) (2009-08-31 09:42:37)
Missing this feature, also. Over the years, I just don't know anymore
which packages were installed by myself, which were updates, which
dependencies came with them, etc.
Would make it so much easier to uninstall unneeded or plainly forgotten
packages.