[openFate 303520] Default NTP Setup
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:15:45 +0200 (CEST)
Feature changed by: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Feature #303520, revision 16
Title: Default NTP Setup

openSUSE-11.1: Candidate
Projectmanager: Mandatory

SLED-11: Candidate
Projectmanager: Mandatory

SLES-11: Candidate
Projectmanager: Mandatory

Requested by: Federico Lucifredi <flucifredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

A Yast pane should prompt for NTP set up, which should be configured by
default, but of course can also be disabled there.

Documentation Impact:
Installation guide needs to be updated.

#1: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-06-17 12:56:47)
Federico, NTP setup is already possible. Do you want it in a more
prominent place? Also I see a missing way for the product to pre-define
the value, correct?

#2: Federico Lucifredi <flucifredi@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-06-23 21:03:12)
(reply to #1)
right. I want to see it pre-enabled by default againt a dedicated suse.
pool.ntp.org / time.novell.com server (separate feature for that).
We are lagging a bit behind Win and Mac where the vendos provide their
own time source, and we need to catch up there.

#3: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-07-07 12:18:32)
We will need not only to enable NTP during installation, but display
this information in the installation proposal (and possibly time zone
dialog) as well.

+ #4: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> (2008-07-31 16:15:46)
+ for openSUSE it's 0.opensuse.pool.ntp.org 1.opensuse.pool.ntp.org 2.
+ opensuse.pool.ntp.org 3.opensuse.pool.ntp.org, for SLE there is no NTP
+ server. time.novell.com can not be used, IS&T does not provide that
+ level of service.

https://features.opensuse.org/?rm=feature_show&id=303520