[Fate 302957] Combined "where am I" page
  • From: fate_noreply@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:27:27 +0100 (CET)
Feature changed by: jsrain
Feature #302957, revision 3
Title: Combined "where am I" page

openSUSE-11.0: New

SLED-11: New

SLES-11: New

Requested by: coolo@xxxxxxxxxx

Our (openSUSE) statistics show that most of our users are not native
english speakers. So I'm blindly assuming they do not have a english
keyboard either and do not live in an english speaking timezone.
So I want the first page to be not just the language in a blue box, but
to have _one_ installation page with language, timezone and keyboard
selection.
These selections should depend on each other, so depending on where I
click first the others change.
To have a good looking addon, I picture the timezone selection as
picture and not as fullscreen list boxes.

#1: coolo@xxxxxxxxxx (2007-11-09 11:48:30)
An additional note, feature #302955 is related (split translations out
of installation system).

+ #2: jsrain@xxxxxxxxxx (2007-11-09 13:27:05)
+ Isn't it easier for users who do not speak English to have the first
+ dialog really as simple as possible (since they cannot read it)? Having
+ just one selection box leads them straight where they need to get; I
+ guess that most of them use mouse for installation, so keyboard is not
+ an issue either...
+ Also, we already have a support in isolinux to select language; then
+ the first dialog is skipped.

--
SUSE Feature Tool:
http://partnerfate.suse.de/?rm=feature_show&id=302957