Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Many problems since about Kernel 5.1.x on Tumbleweed Client - KDE isn't useable anymore
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 23:25:24 +0200
On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 10:08 PM <ub22@xxxxxxx> wrote:

??? So you mean I should remove the entries in the /etc/fstab ?

You have two options in this respect:

1.Remove the items from /etc/fstab and configure autofs. This is the
older traditional way. It is more work...

2. Add a bit of text to the existing items in /etc/fstab that you want
automounted, and let systemd set it all up.

I use method 2. Add the text I put in my first reply in this thread.
Add it to the other mount options;

noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=60,nofail,_netdev

There is a command to get systemd to reread the /etc/fstab file after
it is edited. Unfortunately I don't recall what it is. So you will
need to reboot the client.

I know that this works back to openSUSE 42.3. Probably earlier. But
that's my experience.

You still need to enable autofs for either method.

--
Roger Oberholtzer