Re: [opensuse-factory] Many problems since about Kernel 5.1.x on Tumbleweed Client - KDE isn't useable anymore
On Mon, 15 Jul 2019, 20:06:29 +0200, ub22@xxxxxxx wrote:
Update:

Gesendet: Montag, 15. Juli 2019 um 14:36 Uhr; Von: "Manfred Hollstein"

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019, 12:53:12 +0200, ub22@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

Gesendet: Montag, 15. Juli 2019 um 11:15 Uhr; Von: "Roger Oberholtzer"

We also have the KDE issue on boot. Our CIFS shares are mounted via
autofs as defined in /etc/fstab. For example:

noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=60,nofail,_netdev

In the moment at all systems the automounter was disabled.

you shouldn't, autofs will not solve the issues, but you can make them
somewhat more acceptable; keyword is "AUTOFS_OPTIONS="-t 30" (or
something like this) in /etc/sysconfig/autofs

OK - done on the main client - if it works fine (must be checked after
reboot) - I give you a short feed back tomorrow.
/etc/sysconfig/nfs:
## Type: integer
## Default: ""
#
# Set the grace time for the NFSv4 and NLM (for NFSv2 and
# NFSv3). New file open requests (NFSv4) and new file locks
# (NLM) will not be allowed until after this time has passed
# to allow clients to recover state.
NFSV4GRACETIME="10"

/etc/nfs.conf.local:
[nfsd]
grace-time=$NFSV4GRACETIME

/etc/sysctl.d/90-nfs.conf:
fs/nfs/nlm_grace_period = 10

Seems that this is not helping. The login is without remount like
next line not possible.

====== (systemctl status home.mount ; umount -f /home ; systemctl start
home.mount ; systemctl status home.mount) ======

Sorry, should have been more clear. In order to actually benefit from
using autofs, you need to get rid of these static mounts in /etc/fstab!

Enable autofs.service, and then use /net/<hostname>/exported/directory.

Tanks
Ulf

HTH, cheers.

l8er