Re: [opensuse-factory] Many problems since about Kernel 5.1.x on Tumbleweed Client - KDE isn't useable anymore
Hi Ulf,

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019, 12:53:12 +0200, ub22@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

Gesendet: Montag, 15. Juli 2019 um 11:15 Uhr; Von: "Roger Oberholtzer"

We also have the KDE issue on boot. Our CIFS shares are mounted via
autofs as defined in /etc/fstab. For example:

noauto,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=60,nofail,_netdev

In the moment at all systems the automounter was disabled.

you shouldn't, autofs will not solve the issues, but you can make them
somewhat more acceptable; keyword is "AUTOFS_OPTIONS="-t 30" (or
something like this) in /etc/sysconfig/autofs

But the strange thing is, the behavior refers on different user and
clients. The whorst one is my own - but with the benefit that the
kwallet password entry starts like normal (but entry will not shown
and the dialog a closed after some minutes - if password was enter
this will be accepted). Entry on the konsole is possible but also
is delayed about 1minute.

Please take a look at NFSV4LEASETIME, which is probably the opposite of
what you're seeing; it describes the amount of time (in seconds)
*before* a mounted NFS share can be taken down (i.e. due to a server
fail-over etc.). The default is 90 seconds... which I set to "10" here :)

The default for hiding an NFS share after a service start is also 90
seconds, but it's unfortunately not (yet) configurable :(
I added the following to my systems here on 15.0:

/etc/sysconfig/nfs:
## Type: integer
## Default: ""
#
# Set the grace time for the NFSv4 and NLM (for NFSv2 and
# NFSv3). New file open requests (NFSv4) and new file locks
# (NLM) will not be allowed until after this time has passed
# to allow clients to recover state.
NFSV4GRACETIME="10"

/etc/nfs.conf.local:
[nfsd]
grace-time=$NFSV4GRACETIME

/etc/sysctl.d/90-nfs.conf:
fs/nfs/nlm_grace_period = 10

NFSV4GRACETIME (new) in /etc/sysconfig/nfs also defaults to
90 seconds, which makes your access to any such NFS share
unavailable during that time.

As you can see, I reduce it to 10 seconds here, because
I do trust my own network...

Still, rebooting or shutting down a 15.0 or 15.1 system hangs for too
long (up to 3 minutes) from time to time... Didn't find the actual
reason for it yet, though.

[...]
Regards
Ulf

HTH, cheers.

l8er
manfred

PS: Simon Lees, no need to jump in here and request a posting to -support;
this used to work properly on up to 42.2, 42.3 made id a _little_ worse,
but it appears to be development related, because it happens much more
often on otherwise up2date systems, with an increasing likelyhood on
even newer systems... ;)