Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Switching openSUSE's pkgconfig implementation to pkgconf
On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 06:49:32AM +0200, Stasiek Michalski wrote:
On pon, 15 lip, 2019 at 6:48 AM, Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday, 15 July 2019 3:27 Neal Gompa wrote:
And the corresponding delete request for pkg-config in Factory:

So you announce you would like to get a new alternative into Factory and
would like to switch to it and - without any reply - *64 minutes* later
you already send a delete request for current one?

I know, Tumbleweed is supposed to be bleeding edge and everything but
this really seems to be a bit rush. Is the switch really so urgent that
we cannot give it two or three weeks to see if everything works fine
with the replacement before we drop the existing package?

There are some submit requests that sit for a few months in some devel
projects, I don't see why this one can't wait 3 weeks ;)

What I meant was that I would find it reasonable to wait a bit after we
get the new alternative into Tumbleweed before we consider dropping
existing one. Actually, I would prefer waiting a bit even before making
it a default but I'm aware that such views are generally considered
"dinosaur" these days...

Michal Kubecek