Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse] how do I disable snapper?
* Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx> [07-12-19 13:16]:
[Sorry for cross post, but I think, this discussion belongs to factory]

Am Freitag, 12. Juli 2019, 13:13:58 CEST schrieb Mathias Homann:
Am Freitag, 12. Juli 2019, 11:24:59 CEST schrieb Carlos E. R.:
You simply need a much bigger root partition. 100 gigs at least.

please read this out loud, slowly, and let it sink in.

And anyone who still believes in btrfs: do the same, twice.

What I find ridiculous is, that it's the installation default. Of course,
none
of the about 100 openSUSE installations, that I care about (and did the
installation), have btrfs roots. I use xfs¹.

The only systems, that cross my site and use btrfs roots were installed by
others, *less* informed users. What's interesting here: those, who are
typically not capable of dealing with related issues use it, because they
accepted the defaults. In that way, openSUSE becomes a (failed) technology
presentation for them, before they go somewhere else.

What does openSUSE want to prove with this policy? "We (about to) master a
technology, that most probably *will* fall on your feet, or at least provide
regular work at moments, where you can afford it fewest at all?

the newest install standard unless it has changed since last week was to
make the entire install btrfs which, provided your allocated disk space is
not very restrictive, should alleviate the full root file system problem.
the entire install shares disk space rather than one particular
"partition".