Re: [opensuse-factory] Accepting requests by non-maintainers

On 12/07/2019 12:35, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2019-07-11 19:45, Arjen de Korte wrote:

I just found out that a package I maintain (php-cs-fixer) got a request, which
was accepted within three hours (and not by me). Why? Shouldn't maintainers be
allowed a few days before someone stepping in?

I'm f*cking pissed that someone just accepted this change without having a clue
of what he is doing. Note: the 'new' version was released on the same date as
the previous one and I deliberately choose not to use that one.

It is a systemic problem of the constrained OBS permission model. I have
advocated for long that project-level maintainer roles shall be split up
to be more fine-grained, but the developers of OBS have not yet felt
inclined to act on this bug.

Wonder when the board might step in.

We probably won't unless we are formally asked to, from my point of view, the problem seems to have got better then it was, and most project maintainers are doing a better job of waiting, with the odd exception here and there by someone. What the board would probably like to see is in those cases the package maintainer try and resolve the issue with the project maintainer, and if that fails, then feel free to involve the board.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30