Re: [opensuse-factory] Accepting requests by non-maintainers
Citeren Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>:

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 07:47:57PM +0200, Stasiek Michalski wrote:
Hi,

On czw, 11 lip, 2019 at 7:45 PM, Arjen de Korte <suse+factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I just found out that a package I maintain (php-cs-fixer) got a request,
> which was accepted within three hours (and not by me). Why? Shouldn't
> maintainers be allowed a few days before someone stepping in?
>
> I'm f*cking pissed that someone just accepted this change without having
> a clue of what he is doing. Note: the 'new' version was released on the
> same date as the previous one and I deliberately choose not to use that
> one.

There are 13 maintainers of the package (see:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/users/server:php:applications/php-cs-fixer),
and it was accepted by one of them.

Not really. If you look carefully, you'll notice that none of those 13
people has a check in the "Maintainer" column (or bugowner, FWIW). All
of them are _project_ maintainers. The package actually does not have
any maintainer.

Michal Kubecek

It *had* a maintainer until about an hour ago. Said maintainer removed himself at that time.

What's the point of maintaining a package if you're given less than three hours to accept/reject a request before someone else butts in?

I have better things to do...