Re: [opensuse-factory] New package 'opensuse-welcome' to Factory
Hi,

Just tried it in a Plasma Wayland session, the desktop icon is missing.
This is because the desktop file's name does not match what the application
says it is, it needs to be called org.opensuse.opensuse-welcome.desktop.

Files on git master have been rearranged and renamed, hopefully they
should get the correct icon on Plasma Wayland now.

Confirmed, works fine.

Would test, but I
don't want to subject myself to the lag/crashfest that is NVidia +
Wayland.

With KWin you can start a Wayland session inside X:

dbus-run-session kwin_wayland --exit-with-session="opensuse-welcome -platform
wayland"

I had quick look at the code and notices that it makes use of HTML and
friends.
It seems to load RSS data over HTTP (no TLS) and shows the latest entry in
the
page. If there's some vulnerability found in the RSS entry display,
arbitrary
code can be executed using launcher.launch("foo").

Changed to use HTTPS now.

IMO not enough, would it be possible to add some extra steps for sanitation?

Cheers,
Fabian

-- Carson Black [pontaos]