Re: [opensuse-factory] New package 'opensuse-welcome' to Factory

On śro, 10 lip, 2019 at 7:29 PM, Fabian Vogt <fvogt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Greetings.

openSUSE Welcome is a utility that as its name implies, welcomes
people to openSUSE. There's not really much more to it, but here's a
rundown of everything it offers.

- Welcome Screen - Welcomes people with fancy graphics, links to
information, and a news blurb. You can disable it on startup here.
- Desktop Environment Help/Information Button - If openSUSE Welcome
can detect your desktop environment, it'll offer a button to launch
its help utility or open its wiki.
- Show on Next Startup - Because you don't want to be welcomed for the
fourteenth time this day.

Package -> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/X11:Utilities/opensuse-welcome

Github -> https://github.com/openSUSE/openSUSE-welcome

Screenshot -> https://images2.imgbox.com/f2/1d/dSJpFZsa_o.png

Looks awesome!

If any DE maintainers want to test it on their DEs, that would be
appreciated. Currently, I've tested it on the following:

Just tried it in a Plasma Wayland session, the desktop icon is missing.
This is because the desktop file's name does not match what the application
says it is, it needs to be called org.opensuse.opensuse-welcome.desktop.

A minor issue I found is that installation into /usr/local produces a broken
.desktop file, the Exec= entry still refers to /usr/bin.

I missed that part, will take a look. It should still install to /usr prefix :/

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world