Re: [opensuse-factory] New Package for Factory: libXpresent -> X11:XOrg
On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 12:38:05AM +0200, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
On 07.07.19 15:42, Marcel Kühlhorn wrote:
Hello all,

I want to submit libXpresent to Factory

libXpresent provides an X Window System client interface to the Present
extension to the X protocol.
The Present extension provides a way for applications to update their window
contents from a pixmap in a well defined fashion, synchronizing with the
display refresh and potentially using a more efficient mechanism than
copying
the contents of the source pixmap.

The reason for wanting this in Factory is that we need it to be able to
deliver
xfwm4 of the upcoming Xfce 4.14 release with Xpresent support as a fallback
where vblank via GLX might not be available [1]

Upstream:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libxpresent

OBS Project:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/X11:xfce/libXpresent

SR:

[1] https://github.com/xfce-mirror/xfwm4/blob/master/COMPOSITOR

thanks for packaging this and wanting to bring it to Factory, yet submitting
it from X11:xfce (which might become the devel project for it) seems the
wrong choice to me. As you have shown this is not a Xfce lib, but a XOrg
lib. So in my opinion it ought to be handled by the same devel project as
the rest of them: X11:XOrg. If the package is allright, it can be included
from there easily.

PS: CCing the maintainer of X11:XOrg (Stefan Dirsch)

Thanks for letting me know. I'm open to this. Actually I was thinking about
adding it, but since I couldn't see any consumer at this time I was reluctant
to add it.

So I'm fine adding it to X11:XOrg and add Marcel as maintainer/bugowner for
that package - if he's interested.

Thanks,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany