Re: [opensuse-factory] Reclaiming /srv and some other servery type of stuff
On 07/07/2019 10.07, Simon Lees wrote:

On 07/07/2019 03:38, Eric Schirra wrote:

I think your missing the point of Leap, Leap is meant to be stable and
boring, its meant to keep the same or a very similar base system for
most of its lifecycle, it intentionally doesn't get the newest
everything stuff is only upgraded if there is a really good reason, this
is what some openSUSE users want. For people who want the latest stuff
tumbleweed is a far better option.

As a user, I expect that, but I also expect to be able to install the
newest something that I may need from a separate extra repository. That
is, keep most of the system on the default Leap packages, but if say,
I'm interested in photography, I want the newest available on the
photography repo - which happens with KDE, but not with Gnome tooling.

Just an example :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.