Re: [opensuse-factory] Reclaiming /srv and some other servery type of stuff

Am 6. Juli 2019 18:01:25 MESZ schrieb Stasiek Michalski <hellcp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
PS: Even if that does not belong in this thread. I think there are
more
important things / problem to solve in openSUSE. For example, Ancient

packages
and libraries, just because they are in SLE. :-(

I tend to confront standards (so openSUSE works well with software that
follows them) like FHS rather than fixing older packages, there are
probably people that would be more interested about that stuff than me
:D

When i read fhs. The directory /srv is definitv the right place for
webapplication and not /var or /usr or something else.
See:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_Hierarchy_Standard
https://www.tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/html/srv.html
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/4/html/Reference_Guide/s1-filesystem-fhs.html

Also for backup it is better all web applications are in one dir.

So why sould the subject the standard?
Why shiuld it be changed?
Why not let it in /srv?
Why not use really fhs?