[opensuse-factory] Re: Alternative fix for VirtualBox stealing focus
Hi,

Am Samstag, 6. Juli 2019, 02:36:47 CEST schrieb Larry Finger:
Fabian,

I reported the focus stealing issue on the VirtualBox developers news group
so
that the maintainers for other distros would get a heads-up on the issue. I
was
not expecting a fix for VB; however, Michael Thayer from Oracle posted a test
patch such that "if Qt now gives us delayed information that we have lost the
focus, ask the X server directly."

His patch works with the unmodified Qt 5.13, and no side effects are
expected.
If you prefer to leave the original timer value in the Qt code, I can push
this
patch for VB.

Which solution do you prefer?

The timer change value (100ms now) is already pushed to qtbase upstream and
will be part of 5.13.1.
As the way VirtualBox manages the focus is somewhat of a hack though, having a
proper fix in VBox as well is a good idea in any case.

Cheers,
Fabian

Thanks,

Larry