Re: [opensuse-factory] Reclaiming /srv and some other servery type of stuff

On Saturday 2019-07-06 10:59, Eric Schirra wrote:
Am Samstag, 6. Juli 2019, 02:27:02 CEST schrieb Stasiek Michalski:
Hi,

I was playing around with my server today, having some fun with setting
up some services on it, and I noticed that nextcloud requires apache2
for no particular reason. So I went to mess with some specs. For quite
some time I wanted to switch packaging around, as /srv should stay
reserved for user needs and not packaging.
If I understand you correctly, you want software no longer on / srv, but under
/usr.
I do not like this idea at all.
I would like to continue to see server software under /srv.

/srv is _defined_ by FHS in the same spirit to /home.
Asking for software be installed in /srv is like asking for software
be installed in /home (which is ridiculous).

In addition, I always work with console on console. So I have no desire to
work with cd and so on.

"Wash me but don't make me wet"?

Furthermore, I find it extremely annoying when I install a software as a pact
and then does not run at all and I have to read the installation instructions
of the developers. Then I do not need a package.

Great, then you are not even a user affected by the proposed change.

(Even if something lives in /usr, it can be made to behave as if it were
present in /srv as far as a web server is concerned. kopano-webapp.spec does
that for example.)

PS: Even if that does not belong in this thread. I think there are more
important things / problem to solve in openSUSE. For example, Ancient packages
and libraries, just because they are in SLE. :-(

Well, if you think those topics are important, you are free to work on them,
just as Stasiek is free to work on issues he considers important.