Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: please someone help with SR#711379

On 03/07/2019 04:13, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 2. Juli 2019, 10:34:15 CEST schrieb Richard Brown:
Simon is talking about the fact that in addition to the patch itself,
the motivation for the patch (such as the CVE#/BOO#/BSC# etc) needs to
be tracked also.
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Patches_guidelines#Patch_ma
rkup_.28also_called_.22Tagging_patches.22.29

And as smart as any automated tool could be, I'm pretty sure it's not
going to be able to read the mind of the contributors to know which
bug/security ID was the motivation for adding a patch.

That's not a reason to force packagers to do everything manually ;-)

Nobody said that the changelog should be written completely
automatically (would be perfect, but I'm afraid AI didn't go that far
yet).

Nevertheless, "osc vc" could pre-populate the changelog with added,
removed and changed patches (saving the packager copy&paste from "osc
status"), like it already pre-populates the line with the packager's
mail address and the timestamp.

"osc vc" could generate something like this:

Tue Jul 2 18:34:03 UTC 2019 - Pack Ager <packager@xxxxxxxxxxx>

-

- added fix-foo patch
- removed whatever.patch
- updated another.patch

The packager can/should then still edit these lines, for example move
the patch names to related hand-written comments and/or add bug and CVE