Re: [opensuse-factory] Dealing with circular building dependencies
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz píše v Út 02. 07. 2019 v 13:53 +0000:
Hi!

The Python package python-aws-sam-translator [1] has recently
introduced a build dependency
on python-cfn-lint which in turn already depends on python-aws-sam-
translator which means
there is now a circular build between those two packages which can
currently only be broken
up by disabling the testsuite in the python-aws-sam-translator.

I have filed an upstream issue for that [2] but I'm also interested
to hear suggestions how
this issue could potentially be resolved in OBS. In Debian, there is
something called
build profiles [3] which allows packages to be bootstrapped with
reduced feature sets to avoid
build dependencies which helps breaking circular dependencies, then
later rebuild the same
package with all features enabled once all build dependencies have
been built.

Is there something similar I could use in OBS to resolve this issue
or does anyone have any
other suggestion to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Adrian

There is _multibuild used for these purposes in many packages in python
world already.

Best solution for you is to 'steal' the approach from ie python-pbr
package.

Cheers

Tom
< Previous Next >