Re: [opensuse-factory] X broken with 20170204, system unusable
  • From: Stefan Kunze <skunze@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2017 14:22:26 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2017, 17:42:00 CET schrieb Stratos Zolotas:
I ended up using the radeon driver. My GPUs are not supported by the
amdgpu driver. Modesetting works also.

X server segfaults when radeon and amdgpu are both installed, although
radeon is the one that tries to load (which is the correct behavior).
Uninstalling the amdgpu package solves the issue. I'll try to research
more because having both packages should not produce any issue (like
having intel or nouveau xf86 packages installed).

X-Server does not segfault for me but I can confirm that amdgpu is the cause of
the constant flickering.
I have a HD6350 (terascale Architecture, pre GCN) so its not amdgpu capable.
radeon was loaded according to hwinfo

After uninstalling x86-video-amdgpu for 64-bit and rebooting the flickering is
gone and the system is much smoother overall.

Stefan