[opensuse-factory] -debuginfo package naming change proposal

Hi,

currently we have an inconsistency with naming debuginfo packages
for multilib packages (-32bit, -64bit).

Packages that build multilibs themselves like gcc produce for example
libgcc_s1-32bit to which then rpm appends -debuginfo to form
libgcc_s1-32bit-debuginfo. This is upstream rpm behavior.

Now we have another way of producing multilib packages, namely via
the baselibs.conf machinery which has a default rule to produce
libgcc_s1-debuginfo-32bit.

This is inconsistent and results in gdb making invalid suggestions
about debuginfo packages to install (it suggests glibc-32bit-debuginfo
instead of glibc-debuginfo-32bit).

The proposal is to fix the SUSE specific baselibs.conf script to
instead produce X-32bit-debuginfo from X-debuginfo.

If there are no objections to this plan we'll go forward with this.

Richard.

--
Richard Biener <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB