Re: [opensuse-factory] X broken with 20170204, system unusable
Stratos Zolotas composed on 2017-02-07 14:26 (UTC+0200):

After upgrading to 20170204 snaposhot (I upgraded to 20170205 also
with no luck) X server is broken and segfaults making my system
unusable. Had to boot on runlevel 3 to be able to shoot a photo with
the error on Xorg.0.log.

Please advise, should I file a bug or is this a known issue? I can
provide any additional detail.

X tries to restart and makes impossible to login even on console
(everything is flashing). I booted with runlevel 3 to check the logs
and take the photo. As I can see, snapshot 20170204 had kernel 4.9.7
and one xf86-video-amdgpu package. Booting with 4.9.6 makes no
difference,

Photo of the error: https://goo.gl/photos/9VfukXfhZBougWPQ7

I'm not reverting packages yet in case we need to investigate more.

Which gfxchip (lspci -nnk | grep -A6 VGA)?

Does the segfault go away if you uninstall all AMD/ATI/Radeon drivers (thus triggering use of the modeset(0) driver integral to the server)?

You should post the entire Xorg.0.log, not a picture of a tiny portion of it.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/