Re: [opensuse-factory] Can I remove the default development packages without removing the plasma-workspace in 42.2?
On 06/02/17 04:05 PM, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Mon, 2017-02-06 at 15:53 -0500, Roman Bysh wrote:

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>

> I just voted.
>
> The entire Development section was added by default without giving
> the option for the user to taboo them.
>
> Not every user knows how to program. We liked the flexibility that
> openSUSE used to offer before Leap.

There must be a mis-understanding somewhere: the package libqt5-qttools
is not a 'devel' package - and its dependency chain also does not
contain any development packages (only some more libraries).

The only thing that is probably wrong in this package is the chosen RPM
group - which seems to be what is dripping you over here.

In fact, the libraries should be in System/Libraries and the tools,
that are used by the system, not by any programmer, should likely just
be in System/Tools

Cheers,
Dominique

Yes siree. I agree with you 100 percent.

Roman