Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE reproducible build test results
On 2017-01-16 15:27, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:
On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 01:34:28PM +0100, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:
For https://reproducible-builds.org/
I just finished rebuilding all of openSUSE:Factory again.

3rd round of rebuilds are done.

This time building with osc build and a patched rpm-4.13 [1]
That also caused some extra build failures compared to last time,
but on the positive side allowed to produce bit-identical rpms
(also now in my OBS home repo)

https://www.zq1.de/~bernhard/linux/reproducibleopensuse/compare.factory-20170118/
contains all resulting diffs (after our build-compare filters) and in
differed-builds.txt the list of packages that were not bit-identical.

my rbstats scripts summarized the results thus:
total-packages: 10160
build-tried: 10160
build-failed: 142
build-n-a: 117
build-succeeded: 9901
build-official-failed+na: 92
build-compare-failed: 840
build-compare-succeeded: 9061
bit-by-bit-identical: 7515
not-bit-by-bit-identical: 2380
not-bit-by-bit-identicalcheck: 2386

The difference between last two numbers is probably due to various
*-testsuite packages that built successfully but did not produce a
binary rpm to compare

There are interesting diffs in machine code output of gcc5, gcc6 and
other packages compiled with g++ e.g.
https://www.zq1.de/~bernhard/linux/reproducibleopensuse/compare.factory-20170118/libQtWebKit4-compare.out
probably from variations in ordering...

[1] https://github.com/rpm-software-management/rpm/pull/144