Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper rollback with encrypted installs ( was: YaST: highlights of development sprint 30)
04.02.2017 18:34, Thorsten Kukuk пишет:
On Sat, Feb 04, Robert Munteanu wrote:

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

snapshot+rollback will never work with an extra /boot partition.
It's need to be part of the root filesystem. So you have to do a
fresh installation and adjust your partition layout.

Thanks, good to know. Is there any documentation about how to migrate
manually to a supported setup or is it just a bad idea (TM) ?

I think a fresh, clean installation is faster than moving around the
data and reconfigure the system.

Faster than

mount /dev/boot /mnt
cp -a /mnt/* /boot
update-bootloader --reinit

?? I beg to doubt it. You will need to create separate subvolumes for
/boot/grub2/{i386-pc,x86_64-efi} though.

I'm not aware of any documentation.

Is default subvolume layout described anywhere?