Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper rollback with encrypted installs ( was: YaST: highlights of development sprint 30)
On Sat, Feb 04, Robert Munteanu wrote:

Does it require a special partition setup or would it 'just work' with
existing ones?

Of course it requires special partition setup.

I have the following one:

UUID=89548d6e-b673-441e-a0d6-7abeba05c07b / btrfs defaults 0 0
UUID=6ac580e2-9c42-40dc-ac59-047f8898a41b /boot ext4 acl,user_xattr 1 2
/dev/system/home /home xfs defaults 1 2

snapshot+rollback will never work with an extra /boot partition.
It's need to be part of the root filesystem. So you have to do a
fresh installation and adjust your partition layout.

My understanding is that changes done to /boot would not be rolled
back. How is this handled now?

The same. There is no snapshot support for ext4, so we cannot snapshot
and rollback it.

Thorsten