Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed/X in VirtualBox
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 13:31:23 +0100
On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx> wrote:

As I mentioned, I
don't seem to be able to edit it when booting. I would like to do that
first to see that it does something.

I'm not aware that you mentioned that...

It was in a different reply in this thread.

Anyway, just add it in the grub config I'd say, you can always remove it again
afterwards if it doesn't help. (it shouldn't prevent booting...)

iomem=relaxed made all the difference. X11/KDE starts. Thanks to
Wolfgang and Larry for the suggestion.

If I update the kernel, I am guessing that the grub.cfg will be
remade. How to ensure that this setting is put back each time?

The only remaining thing is that the desktop does not automatically
resize to fill the window. "Auto-resize guest display" is grayed-out
so I cannot select it. If I put it in Scaled mode, the graphics from
the original size are resized. But that is not the same as the desktop
actually having a new size.

--
Roger Oberholtzer