Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed/X in VirtualBox
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 12:36:34 +0100
On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx> wrote:
Also, what version of VirtualBox are you using?

The host is rather old... It is running VirtualBox 4.3.20. I can say
that openSUSE 42.2 is working. It is the most recent openSUSE I am
running here.

Updating this system is on my ToDo list.

The KMS support got introduced in 5.0.17.
If you want to boot Tumbleweed on an older version, you need to apply the
iomem=relaxed "workaround". (uninstalling the vboxvideo Xorg driver or
changing the xorg.conf to use fbdev/vesa instead should work too)

This would be in the client kernel command line, I guess. As I
mentioned, I don't seem to be able to edit it when booting. I would
like to do that first to see that it does something.

--
Roger Oberholtzer