Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Next snapshot with updated systemd and plymouth
02.02.2017 02:56, Jan Engelhardt пишет:
On Wednesday 2017-02-01 20:33, Achim Gratz wrote:

Dr. Werner Fink writes:
The main problem is that plymouthd starts on vt1 and switch over
to vt7 and at stop of plymouthd the vt1 is reached again. Then with
start of X then we will switch back to vt7. Hence this large gap

I actually think that all these messages should be on their own VT so
one can read at least the last screenful of them just by switching away
from one of the console VT or the X session. Bonus points if that
"messages VT" would have a scrollback buffer. Would that be possible?

Already implemented.

suse/master:config/x86_64/default:CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK=y
suse/master:config/x86_64/default:CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK_SIZE=64

My experience is that scroll buffer is available only as long as you
stay on vt. When you switch from it and back again you cannot scroll
past screen content anymore.