Re: [opensuse-factory] nm-applet fails to start
Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Wed, 2017-02-01 at 22:16 +0100, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
Moin,

Is libnma-data installed?

just a shot in the dark: is libnma-data *required* (i.e. _not just_
recommended) by nm-applet? This is really something that is missing
in
some packages from my point of view, in case this is relevant here.
There are too many packages which rely on "Recommends:" too much for
their actual usage. If a package requires some other package, it
should
just not be _recommended_. There are some people out there who would
like to have _just_ the *required* softpage/packages installed; I was
just hit by this issue, when trying to get everything installed as an
XFCE user to allow gtk3 themes to work properly...

Nah - this time it's simply a packaging bug - that should not have
happened.

Hence the question if the package is missing - then the dep might be
all that's wrong, or if the package is installed and it still does not
work, more has to be wrong.

No, libnma-data was already installed.

Even forcing reinstall of libnma-data (and libnma0) did not help.

Is there some step which could (silently) fail when installing libnma-data?

Ciao, Michael.

< Previous Next >