Re: [opensuse-factory] Next snapshot with updated systemd and plymouth
On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 17:43:25 +0100,
Stefan Seyfried wrote:

On 01.02.2017 14:03, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Unfortunately, even with recent hardware and SSD, this gap is still
there and visible.

I have alternative facts here.

As the meaning Kellyanne Conway used? :)

But I agree with your point. And on a modern hardware, the gap is
much shorter. Currently we can't achieve the complete seamless boot
splash from GRUB to X, and the flickering shall happen a few times.
In such a situation, I'd rather like to have a blank screen for one or
two seconds. And on my server, I'd rather like to see the actual boot
messages.

Takashi