Re: [opensuse-factory] Next snapshot with updated systemd and plymouth
On 01.02.2017 10:54, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
and as for text mode (Sorry Frederic, it's out of context in this
reply...): the ones that want it CAN have it - you are free to disable
plymouth on your machine! But I honestly do not think that a screen
full of text is very appealing to Joe Average.

try "zypper rm libply4; reboot" and if you really see a screen full of text
after GRUB is done with the default "quiet"
boot option, something is probably very wrong on your machine.

5 Seconds of mostly black screen (the grub output is in the left upper corner,
then the desktop fires up -- that's on a
7 year old Thinkpad X200s with SSD, so a modern machine will probably boot even
faster.

openSUSE has the 'name'
of being a polished distro - from boot to desktop: let's keep it that
way and IMPROVE on that fact, not revert to the stone ages.

Well, but I'd rather have a working, fast booting distro than a "polished",
slow bootin one :-)
--
Stefan Seyfried